Sunday 10 November 2013

Finished Tunic!

Remember the fabric that I cut out and was ready to sew? Well, I actually finished the project over a week ago. I meant to post them sooner but as often the case, real life gets in the way of blogging. I was back at work, which meant to adjusting to early mornings again and days preoccupied with work. It always seems to take me a week to feel like my old self again after the initial shock of those 6:30 wake up calls.

So, here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:

I'm really pleased with the neckline and the sleeves
 
As you can see the sleeves are gathered!

I have also nearly finished my cardigan. I have one more sleeve to attach to the body and then the rib around the neckline. Oh and add the buttons. I promise to post pictures of that real soon. 

I have to admit, I have this huge mental block about piecing and blocking together my knitting projects. I really need to learn to get over that hurdle. I tried one night after a particularly long day at work to sew it together and the sides didn't match. I was getting all flustered about it when I realised, I didn't match it at the bottom so of course, it was all askew. The following night, I pinned it together very carefully and voilĂ , the sides matched exactly. A valuable lesson in learning to be more PATIENT.

My next knitting project is going to be done on a circular needle with no need for blocking or piecing together. I feel pretty excited about that prospect so you would think I'd be more motivated to finish my cardigan. I will get there and hopefully, get over the piecing together anxiety.


No comments:

Post a Comment