Friday 22 November 2013

Finished Cardigan!


My beauty
Last weekend, I finished my cable cardigan. It was therapeutic to see it finished. I even wore it to work on Monday I was that pleased with the finished results. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately, the one hanging on the door is way too dark but you get the idea.
Cardigan slowly being pieced together
Potentially too dark of a picture but you get the idea about its shape
 
 

I like how the cables turned out on the sides of the front. I also like eyelets on the raglan sleeves. I modified the pattern to do this as I thought it looked nicer than the original pattern.  Here's a close up of the cables.
 

Finishing this cardigan has been inspiring. It made me get off my butt and I'm now nearly half way through a vest that I began last week. I find I've been watching programmes on hoarding on the Internet and knitting at the same time. Its strangely therapeutic. It makes me feel less anxious about the amount of stuff that I own and keep things in perspective about my own life. I would like there to be a good film to watch on telly but it just seems to be an endless circle of repeats. I think I need a light comedy tonight. Just the thing to end a long week at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment